Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Devil’s Kitchen Waterfalls

It has been some years since I have went out a shot cotton candy waterfall photos. A few weeks I had to go up on the mountain top area of the Catskills to document some of the damage from tropical storm Irene so I stopped by one of favorite locations. This is the Devil’s Kitchen that is at the top of the Platte Cove area, this small waterfall is just down in off the road, very easy to get into and grab a few quick shots.

These images are shot using a 2 stop neutral density filter to lengthen the exposure time resulting in the cotton candy water effect. After image capture I processed images with Adobe Lightroom and NIK Software Color Efex Pro Tonal Contrast filter.



1 comment:

Linda said...

Another beautiful series. I really like what the Nik software does.